Thursday, September 05, 2002

Gack! I still have this stupid cold. But we're short a person at work, and we close the month, so...soldier on. Right? Just keep the kleenex coming, and step back when the sneezes hit. *sigh*

I know several of you are suffering with this bug also. Hang in there!

Note: My old grandma, the one who knew all things old-wifish, used to say colds were "three days". Three days comin', three days on, three days goin'. If that is true, I'm at about the last of the "on" days. Hope a hope!

Further Update
I have a book called "Home Remedies for Man & Beast" that belonged to my great-great-grandmother Ida. (That side of the family always ended names with the ee sound, so she was grandma Idee.) It's from 1892.

To cure a cold:
1. a hot foot-bath and a good does of strong ginger tea just before going to bed. Retire and cover warmly.

2. a hot foot-bath and a pint of hot lemonade taken just before going to bed with produce good results.

And a cough syrup recipe included "syrup of Rhubarb".

Yikes.